Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Promised Pictures from the Annual Christmas Party!

Welcome to Denis' House.  This is then entry way as you walk in the front door.  The coat tree has been entrusted to me by my friend, Teresa...it belonged to her Great Grandmother and welcomes everyone to the house.
I love this old red sled....puts me in the mood for snow!

With 50 guests coming...here is seating for 8 in the dining room.  We only need to find seats for 42 more!
I love all the red...makes a great splash as this is the first room you see as you walk in the front door.

The place mats are paper and have the imprint of the dish and silverware on it.  Got these at LaurieAnna's

My wonderful white hutch that I bought off of EBay for resale....yep, it stayed in my house!

I HATE to do the Christmas trees, so Mom does them for me.  This tree is one corner of the dining room and she changes the theme every year.  This year it is vintage gloves, hankies, pearls, earrings, bow ties and ornaments.  The ornaments are ones we kept from when I was a child!

My red hutch...another item bought for resale that never made it to the mall!

These gold trimmed dishes were bought for resale also...I really suck at this business!

This is the Giving Tree.  All guests at the party (and anyone who comes to my house during the holidays) gets to take an ornament from this tree.  I collect ornaments all year long and love watching folks pick the one they like the best.

The Giving Tree is sitting in a vintage suitcase...yep, another item purchased for resale!

A view of the dining room.
Well, the Annual Christmas Party was a hit.  So many wonderful friends and GREAT food!  I love it when the house is full of laughter and the smell of Christmas.  I look forward to the annual party all year long.  Mom cooks a wonderful dinner for 50...my friend Teresa makes all the desserts and I...well, I just host!  The first room that everyone sees as they walk in is the dining room.  We have seating for 8 in this room.  This year it is a bright red so you can't miss it.  I will update later with more pictures of the party and the house.  Ho Ho Ho!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh how much fun! Your home looks absolutely beautiful!! I love the idea of the tree with ornaments for your friends to take one ~ How sweet!!
    Thank you for sharing with us!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' Good at your Casa! The party sounds like a big success and you certainly were decorated well. Love the Hall Tree and the give-away ornament idea! Merry CHRISTmas Ya'll from Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is so beautiful! I love all the Christmas decorations, so cheerful and bright! I think we have the same problem in resale!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks wonderful Denis! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that keeps the items I buy for resale-ha!

    ReplyDelete