Monday, January 30, 2012

Lunchbox Memories!

One Bad Apple, Puppy Love, Go Away Little Girl...I loved the Osmonds!

Easy Come Easy Go, Julie Julie Julie, Seattle, Little Woman...and he always had that leather choker on!

I Think I Love You, Doesn't Somebody Want to be Wanted, I Can Feel Your Heart Beat, I Woke Up in Love This Morning...I was an official member of the Partridge Family Fan Club! 

Sugar, Sugar...I loved reading Archie comic books and watching the cartoon!

Disco was the anthem of my high school years.  Every school dance was flooded with polyester leisure suits and ended with Donna Summer singing Last Dance!

Stayin' Alive, How Deep is Your Love, Tragedy, Words, Jive Talkin'...I could keep typing a long list of songs here as they had so many hits.

And they even got three versions of their lunch box, one with each of their pictures on the back.  I bet Barry sold the most...don't you?
Several years ago, I came across my very first lunch box...the Mickey Mouse Club.  I remembered that as I got older, I had a Partridge Family lunch box and set out on eBay to find one.  I found it, but while I was there I saw so many cool lunchboxes that brought back so many wonderful memories...I of course wanted to have them all.  Over 50 lunchboxes later, I HAD TO STOP!  In my old house, I had a place to display them but have not found a place in my current home.  When I needed to clean out the closets for the new carpet, I had to get all the lunch boxes out and realized how much I missed them.  I have decided to have some shelves built in the game room and get them out to enjoy.  I thought I would share some with you guys and hope they provide fun memories for you like the did for me.  Today I am sharing the ones that have to do with music.  So many teen idols and so many truly bubble gum songs!  Stay tuned for some wonderful old television shows next week!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, Partridge Family fan club member here too and I saw the Osmonds in concert in the late 70's when I was really young. What a fun collection and what fun memories they bring back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought of Bobby Sherman is ages! I used to have a huge poster of him in my room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these...what a collection! How fun!...Love the music...makes me smile!!! I know you will enjoy your new display! Can't wait to see a post of that!!! I used to watch the Partridge Family all the time!!! HA!

    Thanks for sharing...
    (((HUGS)))
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete