Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Room at the Family Lake House...


Got this dresser top from Dorothy @ the Shabby Y.  I told Mom that I would love some old family pictures, so she found these of Great, Great Grandparents.  I love having our family history in this room.

I got this shelf from Lydia at The Lone Star Antique Mall and loved it.  I finally figured out that it would go above this window.  Old clocks make it perfect.  I found the Tea Room Sign at an antique mall in Graham, Texas.

My favorite piece is this wonderful desk that I bought from Lisa @ diggs (Montgomery Street Mall).  I had seen it and loved it, but did not even think about my room at the lake.  I was so excited when I went back and it was still there.  I found the burlap ottoman at Lone Star Mall at Betty Jane's.

Don't have a clue who R. L. Koenig is, but I love the street sign!

These wonderful old drapes came from Dorothy @ The Shabby Y.  There were perfect instead of a door on the closet.  The quilt hanging in the closet is one that my Grandmother made...Love it!

We found this bedding at the Spring Show in Round Top.  Bought the pillows and the lady made the rest of it for us.

The mason jar lights are from Laurie Anna's in Canton.  I LOVED THESE THE MOMENT I SAW THEM and did not have a clue where I was going to put them when I made the purchase.  They are wonderful (and practical) in this room!

I love the little tin stove in this shelf.
Mom has been wanting me to decorate my room at their lake house on Texoma and make it my own for some time now.  I finally found a few pieces and started putting some stuff together.  It started green and ended up burlap and blue!  The room is small, so it was important for me to be practical as well as pretty.  I love the way it looks and I think it now reflects a little of my style.  It was fun to do and now I just need to spend more time up there and enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. SO GOOD. You have to show this to Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool room! There a lot of things I like in here. Pretty clever how you hung the dresser top and the piece over the window. So many things to love about this room. Enjoy it and the lake!

    ReplyDelete